Saturday, June 7, 2014

Remember That Zoo Theme?

Well, my kinders had a zoo fieldtrip back in May and I decided to add some upgrades to my Zoo Thematic Unit!  When I introduced these activities to my kiddos they were totally stoked!  Check it out!

Here are some of the addition and subtraction centers.  Read the word problem and allow students to solve by drawing the picture or using little animal manipulatives.
                                
These pattern centers were pretty fun as well.  Once my kinders finished maneuvering the patterns they completed this cut, paste, and draw worksheet.
                  
We took a class vote on our favorite zoo animals and graphed it.  Students were able to follow along on their individual graphing worksheet.
This was also a fun number/word/picture sort.
                    
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love write the room activities for kids.  When I created this activity, I purposely didn't label the animal cards that you would stick around the room.  The idea is to laminate the cards and write down your own words (family words, sight words, letters, numbers, etc.) This will help make this activity fun and meaningful for you whenever you use it!
This memory game activity has also been upgraded somewhat!  Now in addition to the option of playing picture/letter or letter/letter memory game, I have created one where you can match the picture with the word (for those readers of yours).  I created these memory games by buying animal print craft paper form Hobby Lobby and gluing it to the back of each game piece before I laminated them.

There are plenty more activities including sound segmenting centers, zoo noun sorts, zoo passport, etc.  If you like what you see click the picture below to go straight to the link.
Click here to but this unit

Chow For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment