Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Learning Through Play Dough and Sale!!




I don't know about you but I love to teach through play dough!  I know a lot of parents and even some teachers can't stand it and yes I understand.  It's not always fun finding a glob of play dough stuck in your carpet.  I must admit I was very hesitant in introducing a play dough center to my kinders, but this past school year my kiddos did AMAZING!!  I will be honest, there was a lot of explicit teaching going on when it came down to this center, but it paid off very well!

My students love working in these centers because:
IT WAS FUN!!!!!

I love these centers because:  
It was fun; The students loved it so they were totally engaged
It was versatile; The students could  mold their weekly sight words, family words, seasonal words.  Some kids even decided to mold out sentences! This center lasted throughout the school year and all I needed was play dough!
It was educational; This fell under the Daily 5 Word work or Writing activity (if you allow students to write after they mold)
It helped with fine motor skills; Those kiddos who have a hard time writing in general...challenge them with this fun activity!

Here are some fun pictures of my kids in action!
                           
                       


If you like these ideas then you are going to absolutely love this activity in my store!  Check out this Alphabet Number and Shape molding center which is now on Sale at 50% off (wink, wink)!

                      
                      
                      

Not quite sure why this pic. is being so hard-headed.....Just lean your head a little to the right for this one

 This bad boy is hot off the press!  These are monthly words.  You can use this as a play dough mold center and then have your kiddos use the "Mold and Write" worksheet to write the word that goes along with what they just molded.  Or you can post these pictures all around your classroom and use the "Write the Room" worksheet for student to write the room.  I like to reserve wall space for the the monthly word wall.  That way when October rolls around the kiddos will still have a September word wall reference.

This is the September/October play dough mat and write the room.  Check it out in my store!


       
                    


Live, Laugh and Love 2 Teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment