Thursday, June 5, 2014

Stay Strong


This Friday is the last day of school for me!  And this is how I felt all this week:


This week had to have been the busiest week I have ever experienced this year.  On top of the normal end of year procedures (gathering materials, packing/unpacking, and submitting end of year paper work), I have had plenty more going on. 

On Monday, my kinders had their graduation celebration!  I was sooo proud of them!  We practiced the week before and I was honestly very nervous about the outcome.  Their little bodies were so antsy during practice and the kept singing ahead of tempo.  However, something happened on that magical night of graduation.  They actually came together and performed as if they were ready for first grade!  
On Wednesday, my TOT helpers (Teachers of Tomorrow) went on a field trip to Adventure Landing!  Let me just say, that was totally AWESOME! This year Mrs. Kumrow (my partner in crime) and I sponsored the TOT program.  Those kiddos worked so hard throughout the school year helping their teachers organize and set up.  We decided to take them some place fun to show our appreciation. It was so much fun going on a field trip with a small group of third graders.  Very different from going on a field trip with 20 kindergartners. 
Finally, on Thursday, we had a FIELD DAY!!!  Lots of fun in the sun!  

Needless to say, I'm exhausted!  But I wouldn't trade this job in for the world.  I had such an amazing group of parents and students this year, I am so sad to seem the go.  Hope you all have a very relaxing and productive summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment