Sunday, November 5, 2017

New Room, New Theme!

While teaching summer VPK I realized why teachers get  a summer break; and quite frankly, its because We.....NEED....a....BREAK!  Now don't get me wrong, I truly, truly enjoyed working with my wonderful preschoolers; after all that is where I started.  However, as summer break quickly came to an end, it brought with it the start of a new school year.  So, that was my life in a nut shell during summer break....Work Work Work Work Work!!!! 

As you can imagine, I said plenty of prayers about the upcoming school year.  I prayed for a peaceful school year, with a great group of kids and parents.  I even prayed for the year to go by with great finesse and ease......and that's when I got THE CALL FROM THE PRINCIPAL.  Before I go on any further, I am sure their are some teachers out there who dread getting THE CALL, especially one week prior to teacher pre planning.  This call can mean several things: 1) You have been moved to another grade level. 2) You have been moved to another classroom. 3) You have been moved to another classroom and another grade level. 4) You have been transferred to another school. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to answer the phone right away. So I was left with a message asking if I could stop by the school for a "talk" before I begin to work in my classroom.  Come on teachers...."a talk."  I was pretty confident I wasn't being transferred, but something told me I just may end up switching rooms.  Now, this something came from the fact that I pretty much had my classroom set up the way I wanted and had just added some majorly cool bulletin boards to the walls.  Well, I did have to switch classrooms, but get this!  I was asked to move into a smaller classroom because I only had 7 kids this year!  I don't think you heard me...7 kids!!! I had more kids in my summer VPK program!  Needless to say, I so graciously and gratefully complied.  I truly believe my prayers were answered.  Although I had to do some moving around.  I would take that deal any day!

So, without further ado, let me share some before and after pictures!

Memory Lane 

 My old classroom was HUGE!!!!  I decorated with the cutie pie Bird Theme I made.  If you need a refresher just click HERE to see my original classroom tour.

Old Classroom 

Now here is a picture of my old classroom as I begin to prepare my new Black and Bright Theme!

My anchor chart wall.  Displayed on the back wall.

My calendar math and rules board 

This is just a smidget of the mess I make on my side of the bed when preparing for anything school related.

New Classroom: Before Pics

Soooooo...This is the view of my new room from the door.  I wonderful person donated thousands of books to the school and this just so happens to be where they were stored during summer break.

This is the back of the room.

The front of the room.

New Classroom: After Pics


View from the door.  My make shift desk (this room was too tiny for a large desk).
Another view from the wall near the door.  My Calendar math and gathering area.

The view form the back.  With our fabulous anchor chart display, student mailboxes, and paper organizer.

The front of the room.  The black bulletin boards will represent a sight word wall and a general picture word wall.


I hope you have enjoyed the mini tour of my new classroom!!  I believe this room is just the right size for the seven kinders that will make their way into my room!

Live, Laugh, and Love 2 Teach

Mrs. Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment