Thursday, August 6, 2015

It's Great to be Back!!

Greetings blog world!  I know it's been a while but I have had so many changes this past school year.  Here is an update...

* I am now Mrs. Williams!!!!
* I have just completed my Master's Degree in Elementary Reading and Literacy
* I have transitioned from teaching within a charter school to a wonderful private school
* I have just completed two moves and am now preparing for a new set of kinders this year!!

With that being said....let me give you a little tour of my new classroom.  If it isn't already evident within my blog design, let me just say I love birdie decor!  So as you can guess my classroom is filled with those subtle hints ;)  Check it out!


So here is my parent information board.  This board contains my class schedule, monthly lunch menu, money notes, classroom newsletter, parent volunteer sign in, and a wishlist.  



As you enter the classroom, you notice the cubbies to the right and the writing center straight ahead (table coming soon).


This is how the classroom looks from the back.  I'm not sure if you can see them, but I found the most adorable bird houses from the Dollar General the other day and had to incorporate them into the classroom!  So now these bird houses hang above each table group.


Here is a closer look at my writing center.  Remember my  little writing table is on it's way and this center will eventually have a lot of the writing tools, strategies, and techniques posted as I began to teach them.


 This represents one of two word walls that I will have in the classroom.  I usually have one for sight words and one for vocabulary.  This wall will be used for all of my sight words.


 So here is my second wall that I will use for our picture cards/vocabulary words. Notice the hint of cute little birdies ;) This word wall can be found in my TPT  or Teacher's Notebook store if your interested.


So the word wall above is perpendicular to my Calendar Math wall.  Calendar math is my absolute favorite way to teach math.  I have created an interactive calendar math journal that goes along with the Common Core standards for kindergarten math.  Here is a link back to that information if interested. Click here.


Here is my literacy center.  The book shelf to the left is for many of their center activities and the one to the right is designated for their book baskets.


Here is the math center!  Students interactive calendar math journals are placed on the bottom shelf to the right.


Here is my desk area...but my all time favorite area is....


...my small group table!  This is where all of the one on one teaching takes place.  I get to really know my kinders and see their academic growth first hand in this area.

Like I said, it's great to be back in the blogging game.  Until next time!

Live, Laugh, and Love 2 Teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment