Thursday, July 11, 2019

My Summer Bucket List!!

If you're anything like me, you make a to-do list for EVERYTHING!  (Honestly, it's so bad, my husband thinks it's my favorite hobby).  And if you're a lot like me, there is a great possibility that you overestimate the amount of things you can accomplish within a 24 hour period.  Yep folks, that's me!

I end up feeling like this most days:
So much to do, so few people to do it for me. Remind you of anyone?

But does that stop me?  Absolutely not!  So I continue making my unrealistic to do list until one magical day they become a bit more realistic.  

...with that being said, my summer bucket list is of no exception!

Since we're already half way through the summer, some of these items have been checked off already.  However it's still a pretty extensive list, so whatever I don't complete this summer will most likely carry on through the school year.

My Summer Bucket List:

Personal:

☐Balance work/home life.
🗹Plan for family quality time.
🗹Date night every other Friday (just the two of us).
☐Drop 10-15lbs!  Believe me, it's necessary!  I will know I have officially reached my goal when I can fit into the clothes I could wear a year ago.
🗹Make better food choices.  
☐Go for a walk at least 3-4 times a week.
☐Keep house clean somewhat clean!!
🗹Have a functional evening and morning routine prepared for back to school.
🗹Start blogging!!!
☐Have a successful No Spend Month (in August). 
☐Embrace some alone time.
☐Organize garage and closet.

Baby Girl:

🗹Prepare for baby girl's ½ birthday celebration! Create summer schedule for baby girl.
🗹Start the Happy Sleeper routine in her own room!
🗹Have some play dates with my friends an their babies!
🗹Tummy time 3☓s a day.
🗹Story time 3☓s a day.
🗹Library 2☓s a week.
☐Sensory activity 1☓ a week.

Work:

🗹Brainstorm thematic unit ideas and possible PBL, STEM, & project report activities that correlate. 
☐Create thematic lessons for PBL activities.
🗹Create long range pacing guide.
☐Create homework binder.
☐Create student take home binders.
☐Get a head start on interactive anchor charts.
🗹Create emergency sub plans for each quarter.
☐Create student writing offices.
☐Organize guided reading activities.
☐Prep word wall items.
☐Create PBIS binder!!!
🗹Catch up on some PD reads.
☐Prep for meet the teacher.
🗹Begin planning for vehicle fair.
🗹Begin planning for classroom fundraisers.
🗹Create field trip check list.
🗹Confirm field trips for the year.

Misc:

🗹Take a vacation!!
🗹Host a game night.
☐Practice my baking skills.
🗹Plan hubby's surprise party!!

Well folks, that's it!  I know this is a massive list.  Like I said, I have a serious problem with creating realistic to do lists.  One day I will might  get better.  Until then, pray for me! 😉  But just out of curiosity, is there anyone that shares this same issue?  I know I can't be the only one....Right?

Until next time,

Live, Laugh, Love 2 Teach

Mrs. Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment