Wednesday, July 17, 2019


Baby's First Day at Summer School!!

After having Ivory, my amazing Administrators and Pastors agreed to reopen the nursery at our school upon my return.  This was such a blessing! If I ever had any concern about Ivory or just wanted to love on her, all I had to do was go downstairs and give her hugs and kisses.  This made going back to work a much easier transition.  And I knew summer was right around the corner and I would be able to love on my baby girl all day long!!

But, now summer is almost over!  There are only a few more weeks before it's time for teachers to head back to work, and if you glanced at my Summer Bucket List you know I've got some work to do.  My sweet hubby recommended we use one of the backup daycare incentives that his job offers so that I can get some work done.  I was very hesitant at first, but after touring the daycare I was thoroughly impressed and decided I felt comfortable with her attending that  school.

As we got closer and closer to the date, I began to get really nervous!  I had second thoughts.  I began to feel like a horrible mommy.  I decided I was going to work at home with baby girl, but every time I tried, I barely got any work done. 

Finally, after much prayer, I decided it would benefit both of us.  Ivory will be getting the social interaction she needs from other babies and I will be able to complete some much needed work.

The first day I dropped off Ivory, I came bearing gifts.  I mean....I get it.  My first job was at a daycare.  I am sure it can be a little unnerving for the teachers to all of sudden have a new infant in their care that they don't know much about.  

My thoughts were that this little gift will show my appreciation (in advance) for the care and love I prayed for them to shower my baby girl with.



Who doesn't like popcorn and chocolate?!?!  I hope they truly felt appreciated.  After all, it's never too earlier to show some teacher appreciation 😉.


P.S.  This precious one was so sleepy when I dropped her off.  She was also a big girl the entire time and didn't even cry when I walked out.  I guess she was ready to hang out with other babies and make new friends!

Live, Laugh, Love 2 Teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment