Sunday, August 30, 2015


School is in Session!

The first few weeks back has been a blast!  I have had fun getting to know my scholars and there individual personalities! Let me begin by showing you what we have learned so far within our centers.

The very first week of school was dedicated to the introduction of our Read to Self component of literacy.  I like to do my own modified version of the Daily 5 and our first priority is to cover the 3 Ways to Read a Book:
  1. Read the Pictures
  2. Read the Words
  3. Retell the Story
Once my fabulous kinders got a hold of that, they had a blast finding a nice cozy spot all around the classroom to practice building their reading stamina.




Here is one the kinders reading the words to the class!

Our Calendar Math Journals have been a big hit with my kinders.  Usually, I introduce the journal to scholars at the beginning of the school year and tell them, once they learn all of their rituals and routines we will begin to use our "big kid" journals for Calendar Math.  Then one of my kinders shouted "Why don't we start today?"....and that was that!  I was blown away by how fast my scholars grasped the concept and they really love it!  

 






Here is a sneak peek of the centers we have explored within the classroom
Find the missing letter
Letter match
Magnetic letters center

 

The play-dough center has been upgraded to beginning sound identification....
and words!
Here is our bible center.  We focused on the Creation story last week.
Pocket chart center


Also,  I received a special birthday gift last Friday and I just have to share!
 


That's all for now!  Until next time.....


Live, Laugh, and Love to Teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment